Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I am thankful for...

So, today at work, I was doing a lesson with some kindergartners. We talked about thankfulness, read a book about Thanksgiving, and wrote a sentence. I gave them a starter, "I am thankful for..." and they had to complete the sentence and draw a picture of what they were most thankful for. I saw lots of "mommy," "my family," and even "my dog." But the one I found most amusing was: I am thankful for...chezbrgrs. That's kindergarten for 'cheeseburgers'. What made it even more amusing was that the kid was Arabic. :)
Then tonight at church, the youth group talked about what they were thankful for and wrote thank-you-notes to someone they were thankful for. That made me really think...what am I thankful for?
I'm thankful for MANY things!
1. I'm thankful that I have a God who loves me, faults and all, and accepts me just like I am.
2. I'm thankful for my little family: Paige and Michael. They keep me running like a crazy woman, but I love them so much!
3. I'm extremely thankful for my extended family and our love for each other. Mama and Roy, Daddy and Kelly, Jon, Kayti, Zayne; Mike and Terri, Carl, Matt, Sarah, Alyssa, and Bella. I could list all the special things about each person on my list, but you might get tired of reading. :)
4. I'm thankful for an awesome visit with my Mama last night. It felt so good to relax and laugh with her! She's the best mom EVER, and I hope when Paige looks back, she will think the same thing about me.
5. I'm thankful for wonderful friends who love and support me. I hope I'm as much of an encouragement to them as they are to me.
6. I'm thankful for a job where I feel like I can help others.
7. I'm thankful for a reliable car to get me to and from all the places I go!
8. I'm thankful for a warm, cozy home.
9. I'm thankful that I wake up every morning, ready to face the day.
10. I'm thankful that I've never had to worry about food or clothing.
11. I'm thankful for a strong body and mind!
12. I'm thankful for forgiveness.
I could go on and on, but that's where I'll stop for tonight. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment