Friday, January 1, 2010

It's 2010!

A new year, a new decade! How exciting, but not quite sure what to call it...two thousand ten, twenty ten, oh ten...whew, its exhausting me just to think of it. Kind of like the house full of girls we had over last night. We chose to stay home and let Paige have some friends over to ring in the new year. She invited 10, but only 3 showed up. They were loud enough to be mistaken for 10, though. They were funny...they celebrated by making themselves sick on sparkling grape juice and taquitos and throwing confetti everywhere upstairs! It was cute, but I definitely made Paige clean it up today as soon as she was fully awake (actually, she cleaned it up on her own, without me telling her to...I guess she could tell from my face last night that she had better get it cleaned up quickly today)! I can't wait to see what 2010 (whatever we call it) has in store for my family...hopefully it will be full of love, laughter, and fun times!

On another note, I wanted to share a really good recipe (if you like Italian food). I don't have a picture of it to share because we woofed it down so quickly!
16 big shells, cooked according to package directions
1 lb of ground beef, cooked and drained
1/4 onion, diced
1/2 block of cream cheese, softened and cut into pieces
2 cups of mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 egg
8 oz of frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1 big can (28 oz, I think) of spaghetti sauce (I used Hunt's Zesty)
1 tbsp oregano
1. Brown the beef and onion, drain
2. Cooked the shells, drain and set aside
3. Mix cream cheese, meat and onion, spinach, 1 cup of mozzarella, the egg (beaten), oregano, and all but 1/2 cup of the spaghetti sauce
4. Stuff the shells full of the mixture and place in a baking dish with the shells facing upward
5. Cover the shells with the remaining 1/2 cup of sauce
6. Bake covered for 25 minutes at 350 degrees
7. Remove from the oven and cover with sauce with the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella
8. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes more
9. Let it cool for about 5 minutes before you dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment