Thursday, May 5, 2011

Needle-phobe, that's me!

This shouldn't come as news to anyone: I hate needles. I'm not talking dislike, I'm talking about all out hating, loathing, immense fear of the shiny, silver vampire-like structures.
Today, Michael and I went to Tulsa for an appointment. I knew they were going to teach me how to give myself a shot...and I've mentally prepared myself for giving myself A shot every day. But I found out a have to give myself 3 each day....3 SHOTS! And to make matters worse, Michael has to be able to give me one in the muscle (aka, my rump, not sure that's the most muscular location on my body, but whatever) for about 10 weeks...this is going to be a pain in my rear, literally.
It was a tad bit embarassing when I popped out in sweat in front of the nurse and other people learning to do the same thing. She stopped talking to the group and asked if I was OK a couple of times. I must've been looking a little pale, or maybe it was just that I was sweating profusely in an air-conditioned room, or it could've been that I was laughing nervously at inappropriate times. Who knows...
Anyway, I'm open for volunteer shot givers...anyone? anyone?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I had to laugh! I am just picturing you doing this...and then I am picturing michael giving you a shot! Ouch! Praying...praying...praying!!!!

    ReplyDelete