Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Warm fuzzy


I decided that I'd take full advantage of my snow day today and get my puney rear to the doctor (my REAL doctor this time, not the walk-in clinic quack who had on sandals-in January!-with dirty toe-nails) to find out why I can't shake this junk I've had for three weeks.

He decided to check out my throat after he discovered my lymph nodes were pretty comparable in size to little Cuties oranges. He looked in with a light, backed away quickly, and said, "Looks like you have some strep to go with those infections." In my mind I was thinking, "man, that's odd...he's not going to gag me with the extra long q-tip?", but not daring to ask how he knew for sure without doing a culture.

Out of curiosity when I got home, I looked in the mirror at my throat. It was quite interesting...my throat was more than a little furry. It looked like I had a cross between those warm fuzzies (from the send-someone-some-flowers commercials) and moldy bread hanging around my tonsils. No wonder he jumped back so quickly!! Needless to say, the humor in it all has helped me feel better already today!

No comments:

Post a Comment