Sunday, February 28, 2010

Friday nights and little boys


Friday night I kept my nephew, Zayne, while my sister was in class. Z is hilarious on a regular basis, but Friday night, he took the cake. He tries so hard to act like a big kid (he's only 3 1/2) and has quite an impressive vocabulary for a little guy. Paige, Zayne and I pulled in to Clarksville to drop Paige off to go to her dad's, and Z spied a Wendy's. He piped up from the back seat, "Aunt Jody...on special occasions I get to eat at Wendy's." Paige and I both looked at each other and smiled, and I said, "Oh really?" Z replied, "Yeah, and sometimes Nana lets me get a coke on special occasions." Now, by this time, Paige and I laughed out loud. Less than five seconds later, Z blurts out, "Can I have a coke?" faster than I have ever heard him talk and with the funniest little grin on his sweet face. What a little hinter.

Later while we were still driving, he was telling me his whole name. I asked him if he knew my whole name. His reply: Aunt Jody Gruff.
Oh, I love that kid!

1 comment: